Tuesday 19 July 2016

A long time!

Wow! Yet again, it has been a really long time without posting. it's been over 6 months. They have been a little difficult I have to be honest. I have had some ups and downs within the last few months and have recently been diagnosed with depression which I am currently working hard to try to deal with.

Because of this I have found that I have been really distracted and had very little concentration, inspiration or ability to work on any of the things that i used to enjoy. It has meant that all sewing has been put on hold since before Christmas and there hasn't been a lot of other crafty activity going on either.

The only thing that I have been working on this year really has been my weather crochet.

I have used pretty much the same principle as last year when I made the table runner (which I guess actually you might not have seen yet! - I'll post some photo's of it on the kitchen table shortly) but I changed the ranges for the colours ever so slightly. I narrowed down the temperature ranges for this year on the theory that it didn't really get hugely hot enough to get up to the oranges and reds very much last year. Apparently as of this week I am very wrong!!

This year I went for the following ranges:
Red 20.5 +
Orange 16.5 - 20
Yellow 12.5 - 16
Green 8.5 - 12
Light blue 4.5 - 8
Dark blue 0.5 - 4
Purple 0 or below

I wasn't sure what I was going to make this year as I only have 1 kitchen table and therefore don't need another table runner.

I have decided that I will make a cushion cover. I don't have a particular cushion or size in mind to make but so far have got as far as deciding I will be making 2 runners of crochet (6 months per runner). I have worked out that each one should be roughly the same length, I may just need to add a couple of extra white rows to the shorter of the 2 to make them match up perfectly when I come to attach them together.

As we are now more than half way through the year, I have completed 1 of the 2 runners (other than sewing in the ends! - I haven't been any good at keeping on top of these this time around).
It has got considerably warmer through June however I have also changed the temperature I am using to choose the colours as I did last year.

I have gone for low temperature of each day through January and February, mid temperatures March - May, high temperatures June - August, mid temperatures again through September - November and finally low temperatures for December.

I hope you are all still well and out there somewhere. I am going to try to blog more often again now so watch this space and I will try to get bank on track and keep you updated with everything as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment